TÜMER - Turkish and Foreign Languages Research and Application Center
Turkish has become one of the most needed world languages in today's world where multilingualism and multiculturalism are gaining importance day by day. Turkish history and international policies have undoubtedly contributed to this fact. We have started giving education having the history and cultural background and civilization of Turkey in mind with a slogan of “We not only educate our students but also value them”. Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakıf University TÜMER, Turkish and Foreign Languages Research and Application Center has started giving education in 2012. We give education in accordance with the common European framework of reference for language in modern, full-equipped classes and keeping four basic abilities of a language (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) and offering a fast and efficient language teaching. The purpose of TÜMER is to teach world languages to everybody and provide education, support research, and publish them. We would like to pioneer the developments in this area.
During the pandemic process, classes are held both in our center and online. In our online classes, our lessons continue every weekday, and speaking and writing activities are organized for beginner-level groups on Fridays. From the different language levels, a specially prepared curriculum is followed to improve speaking and writing skills. Due to the coronavirus epidemic that affected the whole world, our online classes, which started on April 6, 2020, continue without slowing down in the morning, afternoon, and evening groups, as in face-to-face education. In addition to the lessons, programs that were previously planned in the event calendar were held every month at TÜMER. We continue our activities in the online period. At TÜMER, we are aimed that our students will be able to express themselves and socialize, and in this process, they will use and learn Turkish in the most effective way.
TÜMER has been configured according to the criteria of all Common European Language levels of Basic (A1-A2), Intermediate (B1-B2), and Advanced (C1-C2).
- Exams covering all the aspects of the language are given at the end of each level and successful students continue their education at a higher level. Students are eligible to receive a certificate after successfully completing each level. These certificates are valid in all universities in Turkey and in many parts of the world.
- Our education system in TÜMER is based on the four basic language skills reading, listening, writing, and speaking. Students are given assignments, projects, and extracurricular activities in order to comprehend and use all these skills.
- With the use of audio and visual tools in our classes, we aim to help students with different interests and skills comprehend the Turkish language quickly and more easily.
- Formal classes are held Monday through Thursday with an activity class on Fridays. These activity classes take place in the form of tours, promotional events, film screenings, and concerts in order to better acquaint the students with Turkish culture and the practical daily usage of the Turkish language.
- You can apply to TÜMER throughout the year.
- Required documents: Photocopy of Passport, Photograph, and payment of the course fees.
- TÜMER is located inside FSMVU Haliç Campus.
- Our center is in cooperation with the Presidency for Turks Abroad and Related Communities.
New groups are opened in TÜMER every month and for every level. For registration requests; As a prospective student, you should send an e-mail to email@example.com. You can complete your registration application by filling out the registration form sent by TÜMER in response to the e-mail - by uploading all required documents completely and correctly. (Announcements about registration and group start dates are made on TÜMER's official website and social media accounts.)
Location: Halic Campus
Director: Dr. Ayşe Çipan BÜYÜKCAM
FSMSEM - Center for Continuing Education
Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakıf University's Center For Continuing Education (FSMSEM), was founded to provide lifelong education, research, and consultancy support for individuals and institutions from every segment of society, to produce unique solutions with the highest standards in the light of the philosophy of lifelong learning, by the guidance of the values of our culture, to achieve continuous development, to become efficient in modern science and technology with an open-minded attitude and internalized ethical values.
- Specialization Programs
- Corporate Training Programs
- Personal Development Programs
- Language Training Programs
- Update Programs
- Training Consultancy
- Short and Long Term Training
- My University Partner School Projects
- Corporate Reputation Surveys
- Customer Profile Researches
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Social Trends Researches
- Social Texture Researches
Location: Topkapı Campus
Director: İsmail ÖZ
CAREER CENTER - Career, Entrepreneurship and Vocational Testing Center
We help our students, graduates, and alumni to make informed decisions about their futures by providing comprehensive resources, programs, training, seminars, and counseling on career development, personal development, internships, and employment by coordinating projects and partnerships between our academic units and various national and international public and private organizations. We also provide a comprehensive center for our students and graduates so that they can test and evaluate their characteristics and abilities.
Location: Haliç Campus
Director: Soner Örnekol
FSM-UZEM (Distance Learning Center)
The Distance Learning Center has been established to carry out the planning, programming, coordination, and implementation of e-learning-based associate, undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, lifelong, and all other courses of the university that will be taught remotely. Courses are followed over the Internet and the students can access video lessons and notes at any time and anywhere by connecting to the online system. Examination for the courses is conducted on the campus using the test method coordinated by the Distance Learning Center.
Location: Halic Campus
Director: Asst. Prof. İlhami Danış
Language Exam Center
In accordance with the European Language Standards Framework (CEFR), our center's exams cover the scientific nature that demonstrates general validity and precision, have their own methodology, and are collaboratively produced by experts. According to this scope, the catalog of question types that assess different knowledge and skills at different levels prepared for Arabic, English, and Turkish languages is taken as an example by the Language Exam Center while preparing the question. The commissions to be formed by the Language Exam Coordinatorship examine the questions in terms of scientificity, language expression, level, and compliance with the assessment technique. As the exams and their equivalences are approved by the University Senate, candidates have the chance to be exempt from our language preparatory programs if they meet the relevant program's exemption criteria.
Location: Küçük Çamlıca Campus