- Vocational Schools
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Tuition Fees
- Research Centers
- University Language Policy
TÜMER - Turkish and Foreign Languages Research and Application Center
Turkish has become one of the most needed world languages in today's world where multilingualism and multiculturalism is gaining importance day by day. Turkish history and international policies have undoubtedly contributed to this fact. We have started giving education having the history and cultural background and civilization of Turkey in mind with a slogan of “We not only educate our students but also value them”. Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakıf University TÜMER, Turkish and Foreign Languages Research and Application Center has started giving education in 2012.
We give education in accordance with common European framework of reference for language in modern, full-equipped classes and keeping four basic ability of a language (listening, reading, writing and speaking) and offering a fast and efficient language teaching. The purpose of TÜMER is to teach world languages to everybody and provide education, support researches and publish them. We would like to pioneer the developments in this area. TÜMER has been configured according to the criteria of all Common European Language levels of Basic (A1-A2), Intermediate (B1-B2) and Advanced (C1-C2).
|A1||7 Weeks||140 Hours|
|A2||7 Weeks||140 Hours|
|B1||7 Weeks||140 Hours|
|B2||7 Weeks||140 Hours|
|C1||7 Weeks||140 Hours|
Morning Classes: 09.00 - 12.30 (Monday thru Thursday)
Afternoon Classes: 13.00 - 16.30 (Monday thru Thursday)
Evening Classes: 17.00 - 20.15 (Monday thru Thursday)
Friday: 09.00 - 12.30
Saturday: 09.00 - 14.00
Sunday: 09.00 - 14.00
- Exams covering all the aspects of the language are given at the end of each level and successful students continue their education at a higher level. Students are eligible to receive a certificate after successfully completing each level. These certificates are valid in all universities in Turkey and in many parts of the world.
- Our education system in TÜMER is based on the four basic language skills of reading, listening, writing and speaking. Students are given assignments, projects and extracurricular activities in order to comprehend and use all these skills.
- With the use of audio and visual tools in our classes we aim to help students with different interests and skills to comprehend the Turkish language quickly and more easily.
- Formal classes are held Monday thru Thursday with an activity class on Fridays. These activity classes take place in the form of tours, promotional events, film screenings and concerts in order to better acquaint the students to Turkish culture and the practical daily usage of the Turkish language.
- Applications to TÜMER can be made throughout the year.
- Required documents for Application: Photocopy of Passport, 2 Photographs and payment of the course fees.
- The center is in cooperation with the Presidency for Turks Abroad and Related Communities.
- Additional courses in Academic Turkish Reading & Writing is also provided.